9.19.2010

Forward Motion

Productivity makes me happy.

More specifically, my own productivity makes me really happy. And it makes my husband happy and I'm sure Lily Grace appreciates it too.

I got a lot done today and I'm feelin' really great! I was on such a high that I cleaned out the refrigerator. Now I am drained. I wonder how long it will take for me to recover? I'm sure it will be quite some time before I clean it out again. Really, if I just took things out in a timely manner I would never have to clean the fridge out again. A revolation has occurred.

Starting to learn to deal with Lily Grace's Terrible Twos. Last night we went to the football game (Go Blue Devils) for 3 1/2 minutes. Then the fit began. Many factors: the overbearing, recently entered the picture, trying to make up for lost time Grandparents; the ostentatious gifts that they brought to the game for Lily Grace to play with; the other kids who also wanted said gifts; and most importantly, exhaustion.

I've come to realize that as a parent, on account of your children, sometimes you have to miss out. Last night was the first time that I fully embraced this concept. I wasn't even mad we had to leave. While my child's best interest is always in the forefront of my mind, my selfishness is always looming and making me somewhat bitter. Horrible, I know. But I'm being completely honest here. Anyhow, last night I literally only cared about fixing Lily Grace's situation so that she could be happy, whatever that took. I feel slightly like a real adult. If I can become selfless when it comes to my children, then I truly believe I will be a successful parent. (Whatever that means. ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment