7.21.2010

Hence the Name

I'm being uber domestic and hosting a Pampered Chef party tomorrow. I've invited only people I know from church (think of it as a test run for future parties) and I'm pretty excited! For the first time, probably in my entire life, I'm not stressed. I haven't even started stressing about Lily Grace's birthday party in August and I didn't give dinner a second thought for two nights in a row now! Not sure what has come over me, I'll try not to worry about it though, or else the cycle will begin all over. Now that I've finally gotten this wife/mommy thing under control, I have to go back to work in a week and a half. Isn't that the way it goes? So everyone will be expecting me to be on top of my game once school starts back, but hopefully they won't expect too much of me as everyone should know by now that I don't do well with change.... Hmm..not good for an adult. Luckily I have like 7 more years until I have to be an actual adult!

I had decided on a Dora birthday party at the park. Not only do I realize that this is cliche and unfashionable, but I realized that it's just lame. So, I scraped it and am planning on a birthday picnic here at the house. (Think pink, lime, turquoise checkered table cloths, watermelons, bubbles, yard golf, and all things yummy!) I have worked hard in my home to finally get it to where I felt like visitors would feel comfortable and welcome and might even like it. Side note: It's a rental so I didn't want to put too much into it, but had an epiphany one day that rearranging furniture can change an entire stupid room to awesome! Anyhow, after all of mine and Eddie's hard work there's really no reason to go to the no A/C, public restroom, and uncontrolled public park. Not saying we'll never have a birthday there, just not this one. Ok, maybe never. I'm started to get super excited for Lily Grace's party and have just about everything I need sans food. Once again, I am suspicious of my on-top-of-things-ness and put-together-ness, but I'm going to try and enjoy it while it lasts! Who knows, it may never go away?

P.S. CUTEST party invitations I customized on http://www.zazzle.com
http://www.zazzle.com/pd/realviewpopup?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zazzle.com%2Frlv%2Fisapi%2Fdesignall.dll%3Faction%3Drealview%26pdt%3Dinvitation%26pending%3Dfalse%26pid%3D161279219835690919%26rvtype%3Dproduct%26view%3Dfront%26max_dim%3D675%26bg%3D0xffffff%26square_it%3Dtrue%26draw_relative_size%3Dtrue%26style%3D5x7%26media%3Dbasic%26color%3Dwhite%26context%3Ddefault_invitation%26view_hack%3Dfvbv%26drawareaboundingbox%3Dfalse%26drawsafearea%3Dfalse%26view_auto%3D1.4&dim=675 (So, I wish I could post a pic but I haven't gotten that far with rights and all that... maybe this link will work!:))

No comments:

Post a Comment