7.08.2010

The Lion Sleeps... For Now

I love my little bundle of joy/monster more than anything in the whole world!! Lily Grace is a true blessing from the Lord, but he knew exactly what he was doing when he "blessed" us. She is so perfect and sweet and tender and dainty with her sweet words: "luh lou mama" and giving me all the sweet kisses I could ask for. But, on the other hand she can be a holy terror that if you didn't know any better you'd think was a different child! Now I know what you're thinking, all children can be that way! That may be true, but I am convinced that my child takes her measures to the extreme. After all, at home we do call her "EXTREME BABY!!!!!!" (with some echoes and super hero theme song to boot). There's an old adage we used to recite for my little sister and at the time I thought, how perfect for her, but *now* I think, what were we thinking? This little diddy was clearly made up with the anticipation of my child. And it goes a little something like this:

"There was a little girl


who had a little curl


right in the middle of her forehead.


And when she was good,


she was very, very good.


But when she was bad


she was HORRID."




You're probably thinking I am being silly, but it is so true of my precious offspring. My mother laughs and says I am getting exactly what I deserve. I'll take it though. I wouldn't trade my daughter for anything in the entire world. I love her (until she hits her teens:) ).

No comments:

Post a Comment